How to Get Started
The first step to accessing the above services is to complete an Intake with a call center specialist. To do so, you must call 1-855-200-2372. The intake is done over the phone and will take approximately 15 minutes per intake.
To complete a thorough intake CPAAA staff require that the individual calling have the following information for each individual interested in services.
- Birth Date
- Medicaid Number - Do they have Medicaid? If so, what is the number?
- Social Security Number
- Ethnic Background
- Customer’s Current Location – home, nursing home, hospital, other
- Emergency Contact – name, address, phone number
- Most Significant Health Concerns
- Current Services Received
- What Type of Assistance is Needed– personal care, housekeeping
- Income – monthly income, assets
Caregiver Services, Minor Home Repair, Community Service Coordination and Hoarding Assessments - After the completion of the Intake the customer's needs and program availalbility will be determined. The individual will be contacted regarding their request and the outcome of their request.
In-home Services and Care Management - After the completion of the Intake the cutstomer will be assigned to an Eligibility Options Specialist/Care Manager who will complete an assessment to determine the individual's need, including physical and functional abilities.
Following the assessment the information collected will be reviewed to determine the individual's eligibility for in-home services.
The individual will be notified by CPAAA staff or another professional (DCF or MCO staff) and determined eligible based on their income, Medicaid eligibility and need.
- Know whether the customer you are inquiring about has Medicaid or currently on disability.
- Know the age of the customer you are inquiring about before calling.
- Know the income and assets of the customer.
- Make sure the customer knows that a referral is being made.